Phoenix Children’s among Top 25 Workplaces for Women
Arizona Woman Magazine announces top woman-friendly businesses
After evaluating businesses state-wide, Phoenix Children's Hospital has been recognized by Arizona Woman Magazine as one of the "Top 25 Workplaces for Women" for its dedication to building a supportive workplace for women.
Businesses were evaluated on:
- Company culture
- Number of women in workforce
- Number of women in management and on boards
Statistics for Phoenix Children's Hospital:
- 2,685 employees
- 84 percent of women in the workplace
- 86 percent of managers who are women
- 72 percent of women in the top fifth of all employee pay
Women are well represented across the organization, from the new generation of pediatric physicians to the highest levels of hospital leadership, like COO Deb Wesley.
The longest-tenured employees are mostly women.
How we stand out:
- On-site advanced-degree programs
- Alternative work schedules
- Training and professional development programs
- Future on-site day care