Focus on water safety
YOU can prevent drownings.
Here are some ways to practice water safety throughout the year, and especially during Drowning Impact Awareness Month.
- Include purple ribbons in customer orders.
- Post the DIAM proclamation in your church, child care center, or workplace.
Include this water safety information in your employee or customer newsletter:
- Putting into place a safety plan can save a life. Be sure to practice the ABC's of Water Safety:
- Adult supervision when children have access to water is critical.
- Barriers must be placed between children and water. An effective barrier could have prevented 95 percent of the drownings studied by the Arizona Child Fatality Review Team.
- Classes in CPR for adults, and swimming lessons for children at the appropriate age, can round out a family's water safety plan.
Download this water safety flyer and post it in your workplace.
Share photos of our Drowning Impact Awareness Month event (2009)