About The Emily Center
About The Emily Center
Founded in 1990, the Emily Center is named after Emily Anderson. Emily fought a rare form of leukemia for four years, before losing her battle a few days before her seventh birthday. Frustrated by the lack of easy to understand information about Emily's illness, her parents founded The Emily Center so that families of sick children would always have access to pediatric health information that is accurate, easy to understand, and free of charge.
How we can help
The whole family is affected when a child is injured or diagnosed with a serious illness. Parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, and even member's of the child's health care team need answers to many questions.
You can get answers to those questions at The Emily Center at Phoenix Children's Hospital.
Materials are available to everyone in the community and FREE OF CHARGE.
The Emily Center at Phoenix Children's Hospital
1919 E. Thomas Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016-7710
Phone: (602) 933-1400
Outside Metro Phoenix:
Hours of Operation:
We are open:
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
The Emily Center is open to the public and is the largest pediatric consumer health library in the southwest. In it you will find:
- Highly skilled nurses to conduct individualized research for families and professionals.
- Thousands of books, videotapes, CD-ROMs, pamphlets, and recent articles on children's health in both English and Spanish.
- Resources on all children's health issues as common as bed wetting or as rare as Rett Syndrome.
- Computers to access online medical information from the nation's most reliable sources of pediatric health information.
- Lists of local, national, and online support groups.
The Emily Center provides additional resources:
- A section for kids ~ Children can learn about their own health issues or about an illness of a sibling, friend or parent.
- Online access to our catalog ~ Find out what books & videos we have from www.phxlib.org.
At the top of Phoenix Public Libraries home page, type your search term(s) in the search box and select from the drop-down menu how you would like to search for the item (Key Word, Title, Author, etc.). Click on the box "Search Options," click "Location" and select "Emily Center." Next click "Submit Search w/ Options."
For advanced search:
Click "Advanced Search" at the top of Phoenix Public Libraries home page. Enter your search term(s). Under "Limit By:" Click "Location" then select "Emily Center," now click "Submit"
- Access to our books statewide ~ Through Phoenix Public Library's interlibrary loan department, public libraries throughout Arizona can borrow Emily Center materials for you.
You may return books and videos one of the following ways:
- The Emily Center, located on the Hospital's main campus, Building A.
- Drop box on the Phoenix Children's Hospital campus - located right outside the Gift Shop in front of the Hospital.
- Phoenix Children's Hospital's Specialty Care Centers.
Your donations count!
The Emily Center at Phoenix Children's Hospital is completely funded by the proceeds from special events and donations from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
Please send your tax deductible check to:
The Emily Center at Phoenix Children's Hospital, 1919 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016.
Or visit our donations page.
Follow The Emily Center on Twitter: @emilycenter
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheEmilyCenter
Visite La Biblioteca Familiar The Emily Centeren Español.