Pediatric Neuro-rehabilitation Program
Our pediatric neuro-rehabilitation program encompasses inpatient and outpatient services for children with an injury or illness that results in neurological impairment.
The pediatric rehabilitation team is devoted exclusively to the unique needs of children and to helping them to regain their independence.
The team includes pediatric neurologists and child life specialists, who work with the therapists, patient, and family to coordinate the best possible strategy for each child's needs.
Our pediatric rehabilitation services are designed specifically for kids. Children are motivated to participate in the program because the rehabilitation team couples therapy with play, fun and recreation.
After evaluation, a customized treatment plan is developed and can include the following services:
- Recreation and play
- Age-appropriate skill training
- Self-care activities
- Communication and cognition
- Social and cognitive interaction
- Swallowing and eating
- Strength, balance, and coordination
- Ambulation or wheelchair mobility
- Community reintegration/adjustment
Individualized rehabilitation may include the following:
- Medical management
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Neuropsychological counseling
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapies
- Therapeutic recreation including play sessions
- Respiratory therapy
- Case management/social worker
- Pet therapy
- Early intervention specialist
- Instruction for continued school assignments
- School re-entry skills
For more information, please call:
Hospital Inpatient (602) 546-1167
Outpatient Clinic (602) 546-0980