Pediatric Hepatology Team at Phoenix Children's Hospital
The multidisciplinary team of pediatric specialists at Phoenix Children’s Hospital is led by Dr. Tamir Miloh. Together, the team will help to diagnose and treat your child.
Depending on your child's condition, the physicians and staff your and your child may meet include:
- Hepatologists - Dr. Tamir Miloh is the only board-certified and transplant-certified pediatric hepatologist in Arizona. He is the director of the Hepatology Department, which treats children with liver disease. Dr. Pinar Bulut is a pediatric gastroenterologist with a special interest in hepatology and transplant immunology.
- Nurse Coordinator - Joy Anderson, RN is responsible for the organization of your child's care and evaluation.
- Nutritionist – Janet Iurilli is the nutritionist who helps patients make healthy changes to their eating habits.
- Social Worker – Your social worker and is trained to help you and your family understand and cope with the entire process, from evaluation through aftercare.
Additional Team Members and Specialists
- David Notrica, MD - Surgeon, Kasai procedure
- Juan Acosta, MD - Hepatobiliary surgery
- Winston Hewitt, MD - Liver transplant surgeon
- Interventional Radiology: Richard Towbin, MD; Robin Kaye, MD; Carrie Schaefer, MD
- Radiology: see full list of physicians who will be reading specific liver images including ultrasound, CT, MRI and nuclear medicine studies.
- Pathology: Daphne deMello, MD; Paul Dickman, MD; David Carpentieri, MD will be reviewing liver biopsy slides.
- Psychology: John Barton, PhD leads a team of psychologists available to assess and treat underlying emotional problems.
- Palliative care: Tressia Shaw, MD