Holiday Decoration Donation Guidelines
Holiday Decoration Donations
Please follow the guidelines below when making donations of decorations to the hospital.
- We are not able to accept donations on loan. (An exception may be made for large decorations for tower or building fronts.).
- Location of displays will be decided by the decorating committee.
- The decorations should not be made of flammable materials.
- Be aware that wreathes and other decorations can have small pieces that can easily be removed and become a choking hazard.
*Please do not place decoration donations in the Child Life donation bin in the front of the hospital. Please contact the volunteer services, (602) 933-0269, to arrange drop off.
The following decorations are not acceptable:
- Latex balloons (choking hazard)
- Live trees or plants (Cut flowers are acceptable in certain areas). The exception is for donations to be used outside.
- Candles or any open flame
- Crepe paper - burns rapidly
- Electrical lights on any decoration
- Small items that could pose a choking hazard
- Glass ornaments
Please contact the facilities manager, (602) 933-1562, with any questions or to arrange delivery of any of the following items.
- 1-2 large cut trees for front of hospital
- Extra-large wreath or other giant light display for the tower or roof of main hospital building
- Large wreaths or light displays for entrance to Outpatient building
- Over-sized wreaths representing the various observations of the holidays (e.g. Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, etc.) to hang in the Light Tower
- Character cut-outs or trees for gardens.
- Exterior lighting
- Lighted trees, deers, etc.
- Extension cords
- Ornaments (Please remember, no glass and no small items.)