Toy Donations: Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q| I have stuffed toys that have never been used but have been on display in my home. Can you accept these toys?
A| Unfortunately, unless the items have been stored in airtight containers, we are unable to accept items that are not new and in the original packaging.
Q| I would like to personally deliver my donations to patients in the Hospital. Is that possible?
A| Due to the fragile state of our patients and to protect them from exposure to additional illness, we do not encourage groups to personally deliver items directly to the patients. During the winter months we restrict visitation due to respiratory illness. Children under the age of 12 are restricted from visiting the Hospital during this time.
On occasion we do have special visitors in the Hospital from local celebrities and athletes to entertainment characters and performers. Special visitors are screened and scheduled by our Child Life Department. Please contact the events committee, (602) 933-0664 with any questions or to arrange a visit or performance.
General Visitor Guidelines:
- Visitors must be at least 16 years old to interact with patients in any activity
- Visitors may not bring candy or food to patients
- No Santas. We have ONE Santa that comes in on Christmas Day
- No religious presentations or religious choral groups
- Cameras are not permitted without prior authorization and arrangements through the Communication Department, (602) 933-5871.
Q| We would like to Adopt a Family for the Holidays. Do you have an Adopt-A-Family Program?
A| At this time we do not have an Adopt a Family program.